Thursday November 21, 2013 – 1:00 to 4:30 pm (Registration opens at 12:30 pm)
Room 1900, Simon Fraser University Vancouver, 515 West Hastings Street, Vancouver, BC
The International Association for Impact Assessment's Western and Northern Canada Affiliate is pleased to host a half-day event featuring regulatory updates from the Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency and the BC Environmental Assessment Office. Topics to be discussed include:
• EAO policy and project overview,
• EAO Guidelines on Selection of Valued Components,
• Assessing Cumulative Effects under CEAA 2012,
• Amendments to the CEAA Regulations Designating Physical Activities, and
• EA Substitution in BC.
The event will include presentations and a panel discussion. Our speakers are:
• Paul Craven, Executive Director of Policy and Quality Assurance, EAO
• Lisa Walls, Regional Director, CEAA
• Nathan Braun, Project Assessment Manager, EAO
Cost: $45 for members / $55 for non-members
To Register: https://event-wizard.com/IAIABCWORKSHONOV2013/0/register/
IAIA WNC memberships are currently up for renewal. Please visit http://www.iaia-wnc.ca/ to join or re-new. Membership fee is $45 for three years.
For more event information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.